Frequently Asked Questions Information
Catalogs and Classes
- Browse our catalogs online: Click on Browse, and All Classes. Browse by content area or catalog, or search by title, instructor, or dates. Full course descriptions, class details, schedule information, location and maps, and other pertinent class information can be accessed by clicking on the name of the class in the class listing box. You can even share what you find with a friend through the “Send to a Friend” link on the class information page (in the white class listing box, click on the class name to get to the class information page).
- Request a catalog: Click on the Browse and Send me a Catalog to provide us with your mailing and/or email address and we will send you a catalog. This option is currently only available for Teen College.
- Eligibility: Open Enrollment classes are open to the public. welcoming people from all communities and of any race, color, sexual orientation, religion, and national or ethnic origin. Classes are open to people of high-school age and older, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- Class Seats Available: If a class is already filled, there will be 0 seats left as shown on the bottom left side of the white class listing box. However, you will be able to select an option to be placed on a waiting list if you cannot add the class to your cart.
- Class Schedule: Open Enrollment classes may be offered at any time during the year. Teen College Camp is offered during June and July, for students entering 7th, 8th, and 9th grades. Individual class days, dates, and times are specified in the class description and included in the class registration confirmation email.
- Location information: Classes meet at the PPCC Downtown Studio, Centennial, and Rampart Range campuses and occasionally at other community locations. Class location address and directions are noted in the class description and in the registration confirmation email.
- Login Account: If you are new to our site, you will need to create a student profile (a personal, password-protected account) in Lumens. Having an account allows you to register online and track your selections. Click on LOGIN/CREATE ACCOUNT and follow the prompts to create either a student, or family profile. If there is more than one student in your household, or the student is a minor, it will be best to create a family profile in the adult’s name, and add the minor students to that profile. Prompts will lead you through the process.
- Items marked with an asterisk are required information.
- Choose a login and password easily remembered.
- The demographic information is optional, and used internally only.
- You will receive a copy of your profile via email.
- After you have created a student profile (and on subsequent visits when you sign in), you will notice additional menu options allowing you to edit your profile, check your current registrations, and view registration and payment transactions.
- Once you create a Household Profile, you can add friends and family members to your account at any time. The financial agreement will be in with Household Profile-Primary. This also ensures information regarding classes will be sent to a central person.
- Registration dates: Registration usually opens 30 days before the class start date and stays open until the first day of class as long as seats remains available. Many classes can fill up quickly, you should try to register early. If a class is full by the time you see it, there will be an option to sign up for the waiting list.
- Registration fees: There is no fee to register.
- Registration Online: Browse through the classes or catalogs, and click on ADD TO CART in the white class listing box to register for a class. Follow the directions to complete your registration and to pay tuition at our secured site using a credit card. You will receive an email registration/payment confirmation within 24 hours. Payment for the class will be due at registration.
Pikes Peak Community College
- Registration By mail: Mail your completed registration form with check or money order to:
Workforce Development Box C14
5675 S. Academy Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906.
- Registration In person: Register in person at the Centennial Campus, Aspen Building, room A223. After registration is complete, payment will be made through the Cashier’s office.
- Payment: Tuition is paid at the time of registration. Payment may be made by check, money order, cash, MasterCard, or Visa. A check or money order should be made out to: Pikes Peak Community College.
- Class Registration Confirmation: Once payment has been completed, you are registered. You will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours of payment processing whether you registered online, in person, or by mail. If you do not have an email address, but would like confirmation, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your mailed registration.
- Waiting List: If the course you want to attend has no seats available, you can request to be placed on a waiting list. If a seat becomes available before the class start date, you will be notified by email with directions on how to register and pay tuition.
- Gift certificates: At this time, we do not offer certificates.
- Class Cancellation: In most cases, we require at least five students to hold a class. If we have to cancel a class due to low enrollment, you will be notified at least two days before the class start date. If you need more notice, you can call or email the office to check the class status, or look online at the class information box for the number of registrations. If we have to cancel your class, you can request a full refund of your tuition or transfer to another class, space permitting.
- Withdrawal: If you need to withdraw from a class and notify us at least two business days before the class starts, you will receive a credit or refund. Refunds are not issued after the class start date, but you may request to be transferred to another class if there are open seats in another class. If there is a difference in the tuition cost, that will be paid or refunded at the time of transfer.
- Inclement Weather: Open Enrollment class cancellation will follow the PPCC Campus Closure protocol. Closure information can be found at www.ppcc.edu, by listening to a local radio station, or by watching crawlers on a local TV station. If the campus or class location is closed, you will receive an email regarding the closure. If a class is scheduled for one session, and it so happens there is a closure event on that day, a full refund will be given. If a class has multiple sessions, no refunds will be given for campus closure.
- Class Absence: Students should discuss any planned or unplanned absence with the instructor. At times they may be made up.
If a class session is postponed by an instructor or due to inclement weather, a make-up session may be scheduled.
We are proud of the quality of our programs and take issues seriously. If you are not satisfied with a class, contact us immediately and we will do everything in our power to find a solution.
Contact us for more information:
If you have any questions about our classes, programs or this site, don't hesitate to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (719) 502-2404.